Announcement

Collapse

Forum Email

If you are not getting emails from the forum, please check your spam folder and mark the email as safe. Because this is a new domain, most email companies like Google, Hotmail don't recognize the domain yet.
See more
See less

Made it Over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it Over

My name is Joe and just wanted to say hey from the Texas Coastal Bend here in Corpus Christi, Tx. I've worked around 20 years in the GM Dealerworld realm as an automotive technician and have worked on cars, helicopters and tanks throughout my life. Been turning wrenches since I was eleven years old. Sometimes I don't know whether it was a blessing or a curse but I've been around the block a time or two in the mechanical repair world. I am always willing and happy to share information and to help where I can.

When I'm not wrenchin' I'm usually in my "man cave" working on scale plastic modeling projects....some of which I'll share here later on.

With that....we'll be seein' you guys around, Joe

Welcome Joe, good to have a man of your mechanical & technical expertise here.
    Your plastic modeling projects sounds like fun & look forward to see some of those scale models for sure!

Comment

Thanks for coming over Joe. I used to be in the plastic models years ago. I should probably get back into them. Very therapeutic.
      2002 Chevrolet S-10 350 V8

Comment

Originally posted by Buick Ride View Post
        Welcome Joe, good to have a man of your mechanical & technical expertise here.
        Your plastic modeling projects sounds like fun & look forward to see some of those scale models for sure!
        Thanks for the welcome Buick Ride. What's your first name and I'll try to start using that. I may post a couple of the 15 or so builds that I've got on here....not all of 'em or GM but I'll start with those. Looking forward to being of help where I can be and learning along the way. Haven't been in GM dealerships now in 7 years but left on good terms and am still in touch with my friends and ex-service managers. I currently run a fleet shop for a local refinery with 260+........Ford Trucks. Click image for larger version

Name:	ORSAY9.gif
Views:	12
Size:	705 Bytes
ID:	793

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Thanks for coming over Joe. I used to be in the plastic models years ago. I should probably get back into them. Very therapeutic.
          Thanks for the welcome and extending the invite Mike.

Modeling has indeed been very therapeutic for me as I recovered from alcoholism over 7 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverado1994 View Post

Thanks for the welcome Buick Ride. What's your first name and I'll try to start using that. I may post a couple of the 15 or so builds that I've got on here....not all of 'em or GM but I'll start with those. Looking forward to being of help where I can be and learning along the way. Haven't been in GM dealerships now in 7 years but left on good terms and am still in touch with my friends and ex-service managers. I currently run a fleet shop for a local refinery with 260+........Ford Trucks. Click image for larger version

Name:	ORSAY9.gif
Views:	12
Size:	705 Bytes
ID:	793
            My name is Art. Once I see your models, it may motivate me to start a kit again. Last one was with my nephew, he wanted a Boeing 737 & it tuned out real nice.

Good to hear you are now running a fleet shop, Ford Trucks, yup that will keep you busy !

Comment

Do it Art!! That'd be pretty cool to see built up.

Comment

I hope that's not the 737 Max, they have a tendency to crash.

Comment

Yes and will the traveling public want to fly on the Max? Canada may not want to fly in them, even with FAA approvals.
                  Apparently the current FAA approval statement is clearing the path, to have them return to service under conditions 4 days ago..:https://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=93206

Comment

I say fly them.

Comment

Working...
                    X